1) Gathering: Gather around a table and a candle. Light the candle and say,
LEADER: Light and peace in Jesus Christ.
EVERYONE: Thanks be to God.
2) Praise: A song of praise can be sung here followed by a prayer:
"We praise and thank you, O God, for you are without beginning and without end. Through Christ, you created the whole world; through Christ you preserve it. You made the day for the works of light and the night for the refreshment of our minds and our bodies. Keep us now in Christ; grant us a peaceful evening, a night free from sin; and bring us at last to eternal life. Through Christ and the Holy Spirit, we offer you all glory, honor, and worship, now and forever. Amen."
3) Scripture: Read a Scripture passage or a devotional from a book or website and ask one another, "Where did you see God today?" Share something for which you can give thanks to God.
4) Prayers: Have everyone share a concern they have for themselves and a concern they have for someone else. Lift those up in prayer, asking for God to reveal Himself in power and love. Close with everyone saying the Lord's Prayer together.
5) Blessing: "The grace of Jesus Christ enfold you this night. Go in peace. Amen."